Thursday, June 3, 2010

Shops| Tea | Film
I really want a cape. I saw this one at American Apparel but it's super expensive and I think I could possibly make one myself for less. That's the dream.


On my travels I ran into Cameron who works in a shop called 'Meet Me At Mikes'. Cameron introduced me to the philosophy that if something troubles you, just say 'It doesn't matter'. I think this is a good philosophy. I then went to a cafe and bought a cup of tea and a lucky horseshoe shortbread.

Cameron's shop is super cute with all sorts of crafty things; pretty necklaces, cardigans, colourful stationary and even bikes! Here's Cameron and his favourite thing in the shop, a massive lamp!


Exit Through the Gift Shop - It was the opening night at ACMI and the place was a buzz. Reviews suggested there was some sort of trick Banksy was playing on his audience so I was on my guard throughout the film. I don't think there was a trick at all. It's just another piece of art by Banksy in the form of film where Banksy makes a comment on popular culture in today's society. No trick, but very clever, amusing and not a bore at all.

I was looking for some Banksy art but couldn't find a favourite so here's a couple. The Tesco bag was just up the street from where I used to live on Essex Rd N1.




Melbourne Transport - It's a love hate relationship. I don't know what I'd do without it but sometimes I wish it wasn't so grotty. I like this picture though.

Oh I forgot to say... I went to a photography exhibition at the National Gallery that wasn't so great. But I must admit I only went there for the clean toilets, toasty warm heating and pretty gift shop. And I don't really feel bad about it. I'd do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment