Sunday, June 6, 2010

Market Day - Why aren't you wearing waterproof shoes?

Camberwell Market, never been, until now. Why is it raining? I'm not prepared.

They charge you 'one gold coin' to enter this magical place. To me this seems absurd, cause that one gold coin could buy you 1/3 of a dress! The market thrives on the impulse buy. If I had a gold coin for everytime I heard someone say 'But it's only .....', I would have been able to pay for everyone's entry. Sure, things are cheap, but do you really need it? Most likely, the answer is no, but it's so cheap!

Don't get me wrong, I liked the market, I liked my hot jam donut and maybe next time I'll upgrade to a toasted cheese sandwich. I just took in the sights for my first time and there were some pretty cool people around and some classic crazys that you just come to expect.

Coogi - Amongst a range of cute colourful knitwear, we found a real COOGI cardigan. Oh my, what a find. It was a sight to behold. I felt so very humble. How do they get so many colours into one item of clothing?


After leaving the market I noticed this empty store on the way to the station. Check out top right, I do believe that's Robert Pattinson - hello my dear vampire friend.

Top Arts - VCE 2009 - I've been meaning to see this exhibition for while. Let me just say, these kids are amazing!! Aside from the ones that had based their artwork on cliche topics, I was suitably impressed. As I read the students descriptions of what they were hoping to achieve with their artwork, I was a little disheartened by the way they had been brainwashed into using all the buzz words that their teachers had flooded them with throughout their education. But I guess they are appealing to the client, who is the teacher or who ever marks these things. These talented young individuals are not to blame.

Tobias 2008
synthetic polymer paint on canvas
60.0 x 44.5 cm

by Amy Lawrence

William 2008
ink on vinyl
329.0 x 252.0 cm (unstretched)
by Tait Sengstock

The Light At Winter - Doesn't look so great during the day but click on the link to see what it's supposed to look like at night. There's loads of talk at the moment about how great it is, hhmmm, it's alright.

Before I embarked on this mission of art and culture, I did my research. I looked up this exhibition at the Centre for Contemporary Photography. It looked interesting so I went a bit out of my way to find it. Turns out, it wasn't so great, or I just didn't get it. I'm not that in to space and a lot of it was to do with space. There was one installation that looked pretty cool but it's too hard to explain and the picture they have on their site doesn't do it justice. So maybe a good one to miss. But if not for this exhibition, I would not have run into a little pet pig, who sort of made my day. I didn't take a photo cause I could imagine he's probably sick of all the attention he gets and just wants to live his little piggy life in peace, I respect that.

Rose St Artists Market - I went here a month or so ago and little has changed which is good and bad. My favourite stall was this card stall. And I really do heart these cards! The first one in particular.


Finally, on my way home, when I walk past this book store on Lygon St. Sure I've seen this technique done before, but it still looks really striking. I had to take a photo but didn't have time to really line it up cause these two junkies were standing behind me making comments. I walked away quickly and took a look at what I had captured and was pleasantly surprised. The reflection of the sky in the window, I like very much.

1 comment:

  1. hello, thanks for stopping by! wow, so much to explore on your blog, very cool! greets!

    ReplyDelete