Monday, August 9, 2010

Seabear, Trainers & Cupcakes

I recently discovered Seabear, a band from Reykjavik, Iceland. I have since decided I like a lot of things from Reykjavik, Facehunter always finds great fashion and Jonsi's from there too! So while walking home from the train station listening to Seabear, I imagine this image of a bear at sea. Not a massive creative leap, I know, but it's peaceful and cute like their music. If they ever wanted it as their cover art, I would not say no.

Trainers: Well I don't really wear trainers anymore but am still pretty into the design and colours of trainers. After adding some old screenprinting work to my folio featuring bags printed with trainer stencils, I did a few more, for old time sake... Inspiration sourced from Sneaker Freaker site.



Cupcakes for Charity: Last Saturday I went to check this out. Cupcakes, I love and charity makes cupcakes even better. To my surprise there were also cookies, cake, brownies etc. Oh and some cool art too! Click for more info. The two girls who organised the event were both lovely and so I gave them lots of gold coins, more than I could afford. But hey, that sort of kind-hearted, charity stuff should be encouraged.

Some art from the cupcake exhibition. Melbourne artist Caitlin Rigby.

No comments:

Post a Comment